Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Regain


A group of students in out studio went to LA for the ASLA Conference this weekend. Most of us came back on Sunday, but I wanna stay for the party so I came home last night.
My friend and I drove back yesterday, we took 101 instead of 5 so we could see the ocean. The views were so beautiful as the transitions form urban grids to hills, the shining ocean the golden grasses and stars and lights at night.
On the way back we stopped by Santa Monica to visit a friend and later we stopped at Madonna Inn for dinner. It was quite a long trip, but it was a good chance to catch up with my friend. We have been so busy this semester and never had a chance to sit down and talk about our life. Road trip gives us these precious moments to think and talk. We talked about people that we met at the conference, we discussed our future plans, we gave suggestions to each other. We enjoy this eight-hour road trip that bring us home. As we talk, time flies, landscape changes and we are home again.


(I am still working on my pieces, but I think it will be nice to write about it first...Painting will come tonight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment